Monday, March 29, 2010

Afya Class






For one health class, I started the class by using a puppet (my sock) and chalk dust; I then made the puppet cough without covering his mouth and they were able to see the spread of germs (chalk dust). Ironically, I had a pretty nasty cough while I was teaching them about covering mouths. I drew pictures on the board of a person coughing wihtout covering their mouth and therefore getting their friends sick and also drew a picture of a person coughing and covering their mouth and keeping their friend healthy. When I asked the kids to draw pictures of how to prevent the spread of germs when coughing they drew some funny stuff. Some copied what I had drawn and others drew pictures of me very sick (in a bed or in a coffin but I can’t tell which). The pictures above are of my favorite ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment